Sunday, September 14, 2008

Are you ready for some football!

September 14, 2008

PERSONAL

My local union is having an election. I got a letter from one of the candidates in the mail yesterday. It was a very good letter, he has a website, it is well done. It is brand new, and he shows’s he has a vision, and he is looking for help. Right now, I am undecided.
I have a personal knowledge and memory of what it’s like being stuck between 2 people you respected and admired. I don’t want to see my brother in the same situation. I’ve worked around this candidate for over 25 years. I dealt with him when I was a Rep. for Local 235, Local 290 and when I was with the Building Trades.
I used to drink at his Dad’s tavern. His dad was a proud member of my local union. While this fence is definitely a high one, I’m not worried of hurting myself if I jump off, I just don’t want to land on anyone or hurt anyone.

SPORTS

My call of a bad day for PAC 10 football was too soon yesterday. Cal was tromped, UCLA was tromped, but the DUCK'S came back over Purdue and the Beavers rolled. Washington lost. Southern Cal Rolled over Ohio State. PSU vs. U.C. Davis, was on channel 37, "Kim McNicholas" was the sideline reporter. That PSU shout out was for Judi & Bob.

Baseball had a ''Double Header Day'' Saturday.

Early post today: I’ve got football to watch.

POLITICS

POLITICS – Gordon Smiths Gary Gilmore (Willie Horton) ads really irk me. Is it just me?

Alex Ansary has a show “Outside the Box” telecast 7pm Thursday’s and on his 9/11/08 show he figures (since the Fanny & Freddie bailout) the government is now the stock market. I think, he has it backwards the market is the government. If you are not paranoid now, you will be after you watch his show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was never crazy about Gorden Smith! Now I want to put my foot through the TV 24/7!!!