Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tournament success

SEPTEMBER 27, 2008

POLITICAL

On 9/26/08 the DOW was up 124+ / OIL down to 107.10

On 9/26 cnbc was reporting McCain going to the Debate. Also reporting that US Unemployment rate is 6%+ Wall Street Unemployment is 4%.

Cspan had Earl Blumenhauer on the Tax Bill, HR 1507. The Republicans can't take yes for an answer. On the Economic Stimulus package. Doc Hastings (R-W) wants to amend it. When time ran out on ordering the Previous Question the R's won by 25+. 5 min. After vote was closed, Democrats were ahead 209/202.
Kucinich questioned what count is official. Apparently does not know how to verify how he's voted. Temporary Speaker explained there are 46 stations on the floor any member can check.

Congressman Obey was carrying HR 7180, and requested unanimous consent to include Rural schools amendment. Republican Lewis of California objected, he doesn't like process. All Democrats should get their speeches. Peter Defazio pointed out the Republicans hypocrisy. Rosa Delauro & Oberstar support bill. Lewis could not find another Republican to support his position. We should check on Waldens vote. House & Senate will be working the weekend.

The Republicans seem to delight in not calling anything Democratic and changing Democratic to Democrat this and Democrat that. They even tried to change the Party name at their Convention, until someone pointed out that it was the legal name of the party.
I think the democrats should start refering to them as the Minor Party instead of the Minority Party.

SPORTS

GO CUBS GO' This IS the year.
No Yankees, no Red Soxs no Sox's at all.
How about them Beavers!

PERSONAL

I watched some of the debate last night. Obama backers had a lot of debate watching parties last night, I was impressed with the number within 15 miles of my house. We were not an official watching party but we watched some of it. With 5 construction workers and one active National Guardsman, I'm pretty sure Obama has 6 votes.

It's been some time since I went/had an all male card party, but I don't remember all that bragging on their kids.

I'm still waiting for someone to bring me an Obama & Merkley lawn sign.

I had my card tournament last night. It broke up at about 11pm. At least I had a good time. Thanks to my LazyBoy massage chair, and the competition, I did not need any pain pills. In spite of the long day yesterday, the day finished as a 4 and today started as a 3+.

I spoke with my sister this morning. She sounded GREAT. Still pretty sore, but slept well last night.

I spoke with Judi at 10 this morning, woke her up. I hope she's, at least, still winning at Canasta. They should be home tommorrow, have safe trip.

Well, have a good day; & I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: