Friday, September 12, 2008

Remember 9/11

POLITICS

Watched - Cspan2 – The Senate, Senator Grassley was ditzing the McCain tax plan & attacking Obama's plan. According to him the National Federation of Independent Businesses is the only group with accurate data. There was about 6/7 other people visible on TV, in ¾ minutes, I think 1/2 were asleep.

Senate Bill 3001, Defense Appropriations Bill, had 200+ amendments – They plan to work Friday & Monday & vote Tuesday. Levin & Warner are carrying the bill. With 200+ amendments it appears the Republicans will try to obstruct. Senator J. Demint R S.C. threw the 1st wrench.

Cspan2 – Senator Bernie Sanders went on an 11 minute Rant on economy. Go Bernie Go! Earlier a Republican Senator said the current Inspector General’s oil company/oversight/sex expose was Clinton’s fault. Bernie pointed out that under Clinton 6 million people moved out of poverty under Bush 6 million people moved out of middle class & into poverty. If he doesn’t watch out Lieberman will take away his Independent card.

Watched Cnbc – “power lunch” discussion on dept of energy scandal. It was Clintons fault '' after all the inspector general that was appointed and broke the scandal was appointed by Clinton.'' Dennis Neal appears to be the McCain rep. at Cnbc.

Watched Cspan2, cnbc, cnn & OPB, “The non debate with Obama & McCain. Maybe it was just me but McCain appeared uncomfortable most of the time, and It was sure nice that Cspan took a 3 to 4 minute break after about 6 or 7 minutes of questions, after all they are the commercial free service provided by the cable network’s. McCain appeared pissed a couple of times, he could take a breath, and Obama had time to talk to the audience. It appeared the breaks were designed to remind us of what day it was.

I guess, in a non-Debate, there is not supposed to be any winners or losers. I know I’m prejudiced…………….but, if I was rating the questions and answers 1 to 10. I’d give McCain a 4, and Obama an 11. They both were eloquent in pointing out how screwed up G. W. was/is. They both also pointed out what a Statesman Ted Kennedy is.

PERSONAL

Today started as a 3

Spoke to my sister yesterday, she was tired but sounded good.

I will be playing some cards (canasta) this afternoon and my FFB Draft is tonight. (I think)

To anonomous; Thanks for the message, but I won't post anything till I have a name.

No comments: