Tuesday, November 18, 2008

1 Month Updates

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6am to a 3 and after my pills and 1 chair session I was at a 3+. Senate was back today with committee meetings on the “bailout plan” there is supposed to be a report on Senator Stephens of Alaska today sometime. I will be doing an update of past blogs because I have an appointment with my NCA this morning. Hopefully he will prepare me for the Union meeting Friday night. I also see my Primary Care Doctor at Kaiser tommorrow.

UPDATES

On October 6, 2008 I suffered my first FFB loss.

I need to Check on Brandi Hindman and the baby.

On October 9th I got new thrones, toilets.

On October 10th, The R’s and talking heads are blaming Democrats for the Market and Housing meltdown. It’s all those dam liberal bankers and homebuilders! Getting those dam “people” (read…….Minorities) into homes they could not afford. Must be what happened to Johnny Carsons. Ed Mcman?

Note to everyone, Just because I’ve been diagnosed with M.S. it doesn’t mean I am suddenly stupid, I just move slower.

Another Shout out to Craig Peterson Plumbing and Trevor, Thanks for the two new thrones.

If you need a good UNION Plumber I would highly recommend them.

From October 13th Is the “October Surprise” the market or ACORN?

Started mineral supplements October 15th

Has anyone really read the “Card check” legislation being proposed?
There was a time when, if a union showed 20% of signed cards for representation they could demand an NLRB election for representation. Back in the “old days” when I was trying to Organize, that seemed to work well. My rule of thumb was to get at least 50% of representation cards signed, assuming that if I got 50% “signed” and those 50% + helped with the other employee’s, at election time I would be able to garner a majority. In the 60’s a new business was established. The “business” of protecting and expanding “Right to Work” state Legislation. Attorney’s throughout the country began to base their “Practices” on how to keep the Union out of an employers business. Some Unions had the gall to say to employers that collectively bargained into their Negotiated contracts, that anyone doing bargaining work had to become a member of that union. Between those “Attorneys” and the “National Right to Work Committee” the stage was set for the erosion of those “Rights”. They expanded their networks and reached an apex of over 20 states that had established “Right to Work” laws. One of the biggest obstacles in organizing was the length of time between notifying an employer of the desire of their employees to form a Union and the “independent” election put on by the NLRB. The employee’s were a captive audience for employer’s propaganda tactics and they took full advantage of that Option, if they were advised by their “employer representatives”. Dues, like Taxes” are the cost of living in a free society. As taxpayers or Union members we demand certain functions to be performed by our leaders, fixing potholes, negotiating contracts with raises to maintain our standard of living. Hence, the beginning of the Anti Tax movement, which culminated in the election of Ronald Regan, a former Democrat, Union President and an avowed McCarthy-era Anti-communist.

As a Politician, or Union leader, one of the easiest mistakes to make is, overreaching. Sometimes you can get away with it, “putting a man on the moon”, “electing Barack Obama.” Other times you can’t, Electing George the first” a second time, or living through being a “Prisoner of War and becoming President of the United States”, I hope so.

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing!

Thanks, again Toto!

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: