Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ROBERT REDFORD is one of us!

PERSONAL

I awoke at 7:15am to a 3-. After my am pills and a very good nights sleep of 9 plus hours and 1 chair session, I am in here to post at a 3+. I went on a number of errands yesterday, about 4 hours worth, with Marty as my driver and when I got home I took a nap. I am going to blame the awakening at 3- to not taking my keep awake pill yesterday, cause being out with Marty for four hours I still felt like a 3+ when he brought me home. And yes, he did bring over what was left of Mikes Birthday Cake; for Judi of course! I watched the O’bama cabinet announcements yesterday, and no sign of Hillary, Daschel, or Richardson.

POLITICAL

On CNN this morning Bush was speaking at the Kentucky Military Base, Fort Campbell, BOOYA; the DOW was down 45 points, when I changed channel to CNBC the Market trying to recover; then Grover Norquist said the Whole Crash was caused by the Democrats take over of Congress in 2006, he also blamed FDR for taking a small Hoover recession and turning into the Great Depression.

Robert Redford was on the Rachel Madow show last nite to tell us Bush opened a Utah National Park to Drilling on Election Day, he is pissed, only 5 days left to object.

The DOW at first check this morning was down 40+ points. And as I said earlier, according to Grover Norquist, FDR was the cause of the great Depression and it was Clinton and Obama that caused the current Problems. I have started a letter I plan to send to all our congressional delegation; and if I can shorten it up maybe even to Mike at the Labor Press (Beware Mike!) By the way Mr. Gutwig, someone at the Birthday Party Friday night told me they thought I wrote regularly for the Labor Press.

Hillary for Secretary of State, still sounds good to me! And Daschel for head of HHS is also a good move. And Richardson for Commerce! If so, then the rumors of appointing; Richardson, Daschel and Clinton are VERY good moves by O’bama. I really believe with those 3 appointments Organized Labor will be in great shape in the new administration!

SPORTS

In FFB I did end up loosing; so I fell out of a tie for 1st in my Division. I was ahead by 3 touchdowns when all my players had played, my opponent only had 2 players left to play, and then somewhere, someone snuck a goat into a game and I lost by 30+ points.

As I reported on election night; the celebrations seen on my way home made it seem like 1977 again and watching the Blazers lately takes me back to that time also.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Remember, all you can do, is what you can do; just do all you can do!

And another big shout out to Robert Redford, for pointing out that sneaky attempt by Bush on election night to give the Oil and Mining Companies access to that National Park in Utah. Remember there is only 5 days left to object. I OBJECT!

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing!

And thanks, again Toto, and Kelli! And we did finally get most of our cake! And while it wasn’t a June cake (for Dianna and Jim) it was still pretty good. And thanks to the delivery of the cake and some more Robitussen cough medicine Judi is actually feeling better today than yesterday.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: