Friday, October 17, 2008

Did anyone miss me?

PERSONAL

I was up at 8am Thursday and 9:30am Friday. I awoke Thursday to a 3-, and to a 4+ today. I did not feel worse after my treatment’s yesterday, I was just being lazy.

While, I went for my treatments yesterday, Thursday, and finished the day at a 4+. I didn’t feel well enough to make my retiree’s meeting after treatments but did feel well enough to stop on the way home for lunch. We stopped at High Rocks and I played some keno. There were 2 patrons at the Bar and I overheard their conversation. One was apparently taken with Sarah Palin. I didn’t recognize him as one of the “Swift Boaters” I over heard there a few years ago, but he it did seem he was reading from a script.

By the time we got home it seemed all the talking heads were talking about was “Joe the Plumber”, from Wednesday’s debate, so I watched.

What I got from the debate was McCains attempt to “Bensten” Obama with his use of “Joe the Plumber”. Well John, I know lots of real “Joe the Plumbers” and as we have all found out since Wednesday, “Joe the Plumber” isn’t really a Plumber!

I got a call from my old buddy Bruce today. While he/we couldn’t convince our building trades brethren of forming a major coalition for saving money with a health care proposal, it appears Obama is trying to run with something similar.


POLITICAL

After the Debate I realized just ONE of the Major differences between Obama and McCain was, Under the McCain plan we’ll tax current plans (read union negotiated) plans and give $5,000 of government money to those without plans (read Non-union workers).

Willamette Week came out Wednesday with their “Voters Guide” for this election. I just HAD to comment. I did so at about 4:30pm Wednesday night.

“As the, still not contacted, President of LINK CDC, I wish to impart some of my Fathers Wisdom, “When it comes to Politics, Every Knock is a boost”. I know Judy Shipracks work ethic, and I think I know what drives her. Multnomah County would be well served with her election.” Thanks WW for the "boost".


SPORTS

WOW! What a comeback by the Sox.

FFB, Sorry Marty, I dumped the Raiders Defense, probably a week to early, but I had to. Hpefully the jinx is gone, I am favored again this weekend.



OTHER STUFF - OBSERVATIONS

I hope 5's for everyone.

Well, have a good day; & I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: