Thursday, October 2, 2008

Don't forget Merkley

OCTOBER 2

PERSONAL

Yesterday finished right at 5 for me. This morning starts as a 4+.

My attempt’s at achieving the “American Dream, winning the lottery” seem to be slowing down.

SPORTS

Cubs are down by 1 game. To the Dodgers……..Come on Z get ‘er done.

POLITICAL

The Senate finished their Economic “rescue” plan last night at 9:45pm Eastern Time. It passed 75 to 24. The 3 hours of debate lasted over 4 hours. Obama gave a great speech. The theme for the R no votes seemed to be, they hate government, except when they backup to the paymaster. The theme for the D no votes seemed to be, the oversight and accountability didn’t go far enough. Well Friday, it appears, the House will have to deal with it.

I’ve negotiated a lot of contracts in my previous life, and I never left the table feeling that I didn’t leave something on the table. Having watched this whole fiasco develop and work it self out. I am sure a number of the no’s feel the same way. Saying no now, and taking it to the streets, whether it’s Wall Street or Main Street is not in anybody’s interest. Does that make me a woos?

The house is not in session today. Happy Holiday Mary.

Nothing scheduled in the Senate, just a Performa session. That keeps Bush from making “interim” appointments. Senator Reed of N.H. speaking on his attempt to get Unemployment extensions.

Are you all ready for the VP Debate tonight? Cspan1 has been running some previous one’s. It’s hard to believe it’s been 20 years since Bentsen/Quale. I wonder if Palin thinks SHE is Kennedyesk.

Don't forget Merkley's watchin at the Hilton tonight with Wyden and Boxer.

Today’s blog is short, but sweet.

Well, have a good day; & I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: