Monday, December 8, 2008

44 days till Number 44 !

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 7:15am to a 3-, I took my pills, I had 1 session in my chair, and then I checked the DOW. I am in to post at a 3+. Both brother Lou and brother Mike called after the 290 Christmas party and reported it was a resounding success. We were out of coffee this morning and after a search in the garage I found an open can of “high class” coffee. It’s not my regular brand, but I decided to try it. I don’t know how long it’s been sitting out there but it’s even worse than I remember. Judi got me another massage seat cushion over the weekend. I will be installing the 2 of them, one in the car and one here in the computer room. Beware, my posts may be going from about 444 words to a 1,000, on a regular basis!

POLITICAL

As of today, we are 44 days away from inaugurating our 44th President. The Auto “Bailout” plan is supposed to be up in the Senate today, that’s one debate I don’t want to miss. At first look the DOW was up 330+ points and OIL was hovering around $ 44.00. After watching that Saudi Prince last night on 60 minutes, at least he should be happy. Gas futures were still below a dollar and even with those high gas taxes we should still be able to find it below $ 2.00 a gallon.

The book I was recommending yesterday is called “Hot, Flat and Overcrowded” by Thomas Friedman.

SPORTS

Thanks Joe, it was obvious you got the goat Friday night. Montana won Saturday, Carroll College won Saturday, The Ducks and the Beavers are going to a BCS Bowl and my FFB Team won Sunday, and I don’t even need my running back’s points tonight.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Remember, Happiness IS contagious! Judi also told me that the Face book website has a plethora of Mehrens’ on it. I’ll have to check it out.

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

44 days till # 44, that must mean my keno 4 spot is destined to be good today. Or even 2 fours and an eight? I sure wish the keno lottery website was fixed and I could check my numbers at home! 2 fours and an eight mean I could use Judi’s numbers today.
I sure hope I see everyone at the BT Christmas party tomorrow. Four hundred and forty four words today on my post would also be a good sign. The 290 election ballots should be in the mail this week and I’m still conflicted.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: