Sunday, December 14, 2008

Beware: Sister Mary spoke to me !

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at about 8:15am to a 3+, after a real good nights sleep of 8 plus hours. I’ll attribute my good nights sleep, and my 3+ wake up to the last thing I saw on TV in bed last night. After I situated all my pillows, to limit my twisting and turning, I turned on the channel 6 news and they were announcing the Power ball numbers and I got a glance. In my quick glance I did see 2 of my numbers. In the dream I could remember, I do not recall visions of “sugar plums” or dreams of winning the lottery, but……
When I checked this morning I did win $4.00.
After we arose, and checked the back deck, we saw that the snow level was over an inch already and it was falling still.

POLITICAL

I Tvoed all the talking heads show this morning but everything was preempted by the snow news.
I did manage to make it to the AOH reception at the Embassy Suites yesterday. And while I’ve been reporting I thought it was a reception for the Governor General of Ireland, it was actually a reception for the President of Ireland.
While my legs were driving me crazy in the crowd, my 290 Brother, Bill McNicholas did commandeer a seat for me and I did not have to strike anyone with my cane.
I was fortunate enough to sit next to a “Retired” Nun from Central Catholic high school. We did have a good conversation though. While Joey did not make it to the reception there were still a lot of Harrington’s there. In her speech, the President made the comment that she first went to Seattle and was amazed to see that so many people took the trip and attended from Portland, after all, that was a similar distance to the distance from Dublin to Galway.
She also pointed out that there was a delegation in Seattle from Butte Montana, after which we all gave her a resounding round of applause.
While I could not navigate the reception line to meet her personally, I did get to see some old friends as they passed me by.
While I did not get a chance to get all the skinny from Sister Mary or Father Murphy about the Pauley’s or any other graduates that may be a reader, I did get to tell her I was in Montana when North burned down. Fear not faithful readers, Sister Mary is heading home to Ireland this week, so I won’t be getting ALL the skinny!

SPORTS

While my FFB team did not make the playoffs, we did finish in 1st place but lost we out because of the tie breaker. After that and watching the Blazers lose in double overtime, I guess we DID need one more goat sacrificed.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Based on what the Senate did Thursday, the need for more, and stronger Community Organizations is now paramount. I'm thinking I should start reporting on the AOH here?

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

Sister Danni told me this morning that nephew Chris got to Barstow ok. Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing, we all need them! And thanks, again Toto.

Remember; We now have a direct link to Amazon.com, and if you shop there from this link we get a commission. It’s only a few cents per purchase, unless of course, they start selling cars or houses or such, and it doesn’t add to the cost.
Remember, I’m on a fixed income now and I need all the help I can get, Thanks.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: