Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's 2009 somewhere !

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning to a 2+ after 7+ hours of good sleep. After taking my am pills and settling in on my chair I got myself to a 3+. My posting is late today because we have company coming and I have been constantly interrupted. I checked my email before attempting to prepare my post and I had over 15 to check, with only one of them being spam. Judi’s friend Paul arrived safely and I emailed him my blog address and he may be observing in the future. I also received an email from my Uncle Hank, The English Prof from Carroll, who reviewed my blog and he didn’t have any corrections for me but I will have to be careful because I’m sure he will have some future corrective suggestions, which I welcome. Nephew Michael stopped by today and that was real nice also. He also wanted to introduce me to his Prom date from last year. I loaned him my car but I didn’t get to meet his date, It was definitely worth the wait. ;-)

POLITICAL

I watched the Rachel Maddow show last night on CNBC and she had Roland Burris, the proposed Senate appointment from Illinois. Watching him in the interview, and listening to his argument for his appointment, I believe he should be accepted. I am not sure if he is still around, but I once had a friend-brother, named Danny Burris. And, not just because of the name, Roland reminded me of him. A great story, for another time, but if Ron is still a blog reader, I would advise him to seat that man. Watching this story develop some how brings to my mind Bob Shiprack and L.R. Stewart. While watching the story of Bernie Madoff on CNBC The name Jeff Grayson also comes into my mind. But, alas, that was the scam of the last century. I still think they must have taken a class or 2 together. I’m not sure who the judge is that gets to unravel his scam, but I hope he is as good as the one that got the Grayson case.

SPORTS

That 2nd half of the Blazers game last night was so good I had to watch it 3 times, and I still believe 2009 is their year.
The Ducks were awesome too.
Did we decide that gambling or playing the lottery was a sport? If so, save your money on powerball to night because I’m going to win it all!

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

It’s a good time to be a Community Organizer.


OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

Remember, Homeland Security is watching, and also an English professor. And soon, maybe, another Media Mogul.

I’m not sure of the timing but I think I successfully text cousin Jim and them all with a Happy New Years at 1 minute into 2009 already.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Hanukah service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing, we all need them! They ARE working!
And thanks again Toto.

And Mike it is finally up. (550+)

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: