Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jimmy Carter and Habitat for HUMANITY

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at about 4am to a 2-, after rolling out of bed and making my way to the kitchen I took 2 tylenol and settled in my chair for 4 or 5 massages and watched some Cspan, CNN, NWCN and the sad ending of last nights Blazer game. I am back here starting my post at least at a 3. I did get an email response from nephew Christopher, he is in southern California protecting me, and all my readers, and he won’t be home for Christmas to the annual family gathering at my sisters. I won’t be there also, but my reason is just weather related.

POLITICAL

CNN’s John Roberts and Alisa Cho had a good interview relating to the Bernie Madoff ponzi scam, they left it with, “How could this Happen”? Having my own experiences with a man named Grayson over a decade ago I think I could shed some light on it. On the C-span call in show they were ditzing Barack for having that anti gay “Minister” involved in the inauguration. I won’t say the callers that responded were people with MS, or even had MS by proxy, but I do think most of them had holes in their brain.

SPORTS

I’m not going to blame the rookie ref for the results of the Blazer game last night, although the ref’s deserve it, I’m not going to blame the weather even though the trip to Denver appeared to wear down the team, I’m going to blame Rebecca Harlow for jinxing them by wearing Denver Blue on the sidelines.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Habitat for Humanity and Loves and Fishes are spotlighted today. Loves and Fishes because within 3 hours of them announcing they were short of drivers because of the weather, People responded and they got enough drivers. And OPB had a special on Jimmy and Roselyn Carter and their work with Habitat for Humanity and it was awesome.

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Hanukah service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing, we all need them!

And thanks again Toto.

Remember; we now have a direct link to Amazon.com, and if you shop there from this link we get a commission. It’s only a few cents per purchase, unless of course, they start selling cars or houses or such; and it doesn’t add to the cost. Based on what Judi said we received from my own purchase, Amazon is going to have to be selling brand new Cadillac’s for us to get a double digit commission. At least my Teamster pals will be happy, they are shipping my purchase with Big Brown. Remember, I’m on a fixed income now and I need all the help I can get, Thanks.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: