Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Toyota and the South vs The Big Three and Unions

PERSONAL

I awoke today at 7am to a 3+, took my am pills, had 1 session in my chair and tuned into c-span and CNBC and both the DOW, OIL and GAS were up but OIL was still under $ 50.00 and GAS under a dollar. I did also make it to the BT Christmas Party and, again, it was a fabulous affair. Based on what I saw and heard John is still doing a fabulous job, I really think he has a future there. :-) I would recommend to Senator Reid to contact him if he needs help in his negotiations in the Senate. And even with MS, and living on a fixed income, the Ironworkers and Bricklayers still took advantage of me again. ;-0

POLITICAL

On c-span Senator Vitter of Louisiana was threatening a filibuster on the Auto Bailout bill, and President Bush was going to talk with the Republican Caucus and see if he could help move things along. Senator Reid stated he was optimistic that after negotiations with everyone, he believed they would have an up or down vote on the R’s and D’s proposals by Saturday at the latest.
My take is; the R’s are lining up to protect the Foreign car makers in the south and the D’s are lining up to protect the big three. The Caucus meetings appear to be like an AFL-CIO convention, and he is trying to mediate between the “Change to Win” people and the rest of Organized Labor that are left in the tent. I am optimistic about him getting a passable plan, and if he gets it right (in MY view) I will take him off my s&*# list.

SPORTS

While I did win my FFB game over the weekend, and left over 40 points on the table, I’m still not sure if I’ll make it to the playoffs. I still think I need to find a goat, especially after watching my Blazers in the 4th quarter last night.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

I am not sure who all donated to either Judy O or Glenn at LCSA, but I do know my 2 dates did. A special thanks to Judi and Mary.

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

While my “feeling” on the significance of 44 day’s out till #44 is in, did keep me above average on keno, my real win was seeing everyone at John’s party.
Thanks again for the ride Judi.

My late post today is due to a staff shortage. Real MS, not MS by proxy!

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: