Saturday, December 6, 2008

Family attacks Wally, film at 11!

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning about 7:30am to a 3, took my am pills and had 2 sessions in my chair. I had my card party last night so I didn’t get to bed until after 11pm. My stay-awake booster pill at noon helped in that respect. Even though we couldn’t get the massage part working in my portable massage chair cover at the kitchen table it was still more comfortable than the 3 cushions I normally had.

I sure missed Joe, Jeremiah, Mel and the Billy-Jim partnership last night. If they could have made it maybe I wouldn’t have been 1st out!

I couldn’t believe how my own family members would take advantage of their relative, living on a fixed income, with holes in his brain, could be taken advantage of like that!

Joe did try very hard to find the house but even after we sent out a search party, and we knew he was in the neighborhood, and he had the aid of a GPS doohickey, and probably went by the house a couple of times, we still had no luck.

Thank goodness; Judi fixed Gumbo for everyone, other wise we would have just had some peanuts to munch on, Thanks again Judi and Marty.

POLITICAL

Some say, all politics is local. In that vein I’ll report that I received an excellent letter from Al, on his race for our Local Union Business Manager position. That fence I’ve been sitting on does not seem so high any more.

I still hope Monte, Pat, Sue, Chris, Scott and any other pension fund advisor or Trustee watched and paid attention to the concerns raised on the viability of the PBGC and their rules on “Fiduciary Responsibility”.

Thursday, Montana Senator Hester was my all star. Friday was Barney Frank.

Again, if Ron, Earl or even Willie are reading this mornings blog please find out how much money the Chamber has spent on stopping the “Bailout” and fighting the Employee free Choice Act.

SPORTS

I’m going to assume that last night Joe was not only looking for my house, but also for a goat to sacrifice.

The Blazers played good enough to win last night, but couldn’t overcome those darn ref’s.

I also looked for the televised football playoff game with Carroll College, but the only thing I found was a pay per view of the Montana Grizzlies. As much as I love Montana football, $130 is just too much.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

I got my Labor Press yesterday and I was sure glad to see Glenn Shuck and Labors Community Service Agency has reinstated one of their key programs.

The BULL Session had another excellent year raising over $300,000 for the kids. In the infamous words of the Governor of California, “I’ll be Back!”

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

Not withstanding my winning, I still had a wonderful time last night.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: