Monday, December 15, 2008

Does FOX also control CNBC ?

PERSONAL

I awoke today at about 7:15am to a 3+. I took my am pills and had 2 sessions in my chair while watching the latest news on c-span, NWCN and CNBC. I don’t have any “talking heads” to report on from yesterday, as everyone seemed to be preempted with the storm coverage. My report from the “heights” up here in NW Clackamas County is “it’s frickin cold and we have snow, around 6+ inches”. Judi took pictures and is going to try to send them to Maria in Georgia. If she gets it done she will have to tell Maria’s girls the Leprechaun’s in the chimney are complaining, but I left a little “Dew” to keep them warm.
I sure hope Sister Mary’s flight back to Limerick went well.
I was surprised this morning to see that some people did traverse the streets outside though.
I checked yesterday with brothers Mike and Marty and my sister Danni and everyone seemed to be doing ok.
At first glance, the DOW was down over 50 points and OIL and GAS were up, Oil still below $ 50.00 a barrel and GAS just over $ 1.10. Just before posting today I checked in on CNBC to catch Erin Burnett’s rant against the UAW and I thought I hit the wrong channel. She was really trying to make the point that they (CNBC) were also fair and balanced, and the big, bad UAW was destroying the American Economic “Free Enterprise” System. I can’t believe she is on the same network as Keith and Rachel. After listening to the talking heads the last few weeks I have finally figured out what the free enterprise system is. What I want (WALL STREET) should be free, and what you want (American Worker) you should pay for! I’m sure glad I checked my blood pressure before I watched that exchange.

POLITICAL

I did also watch 60 minutes last night and their interview with Barney Frank. He is still an all star, as far as I’m concerned. CNBC was also reporting on the “Ponzi Scheme”, perpetrated by that Madoff guy.
It brought back memories of the Capital Consultants scam of the early 90’s for me.
I wonder about 2 things, 1, did he attend any of the federally sponsored “seminars”, with Jeff Grayson as the investment Guru?
And number 2, what are the names of his sons?
C-span was reporting on some of the statewide Electoral College votes being taken today.

SPORTS

I did, I think, sign up for the 4 week Playoff FFB game.
I am also going to challenge my readers to a putting contest, to culminate at the 2009 BULL SESSION Tournament. $500.00 to be shared between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. I Know I won’t be as big a draw as those lovely young lady volunteers we had in the past, but I’m not offering myself as the only option, just another option.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Based on what the Senate did Thursday, the need for more, and stronger Community Organizations is now paramount. I’m also going to see if I can get any AOH members to check on my blog.

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing, we all need them! And thanks, again Toto.

Remember; we now have a direct link to Amazon.com, and if you shop there from this link we get a commission. It’s only a few cents per purchase, unless of course, they start selling cars or houses or such, and, it doesn’t add to the cost. Remember, I’m on a fixed income now and I need all the help I can get, Thanks.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: