Thursday, December 18, 2008

Volume is the key !

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at about 7:15am to a 3, after 8+ hours of good sleep. I took my am pills and had 2 sessions in my chair. After catching a little Cspan and CNBC, reports to follow, I am at my workstation to prepare my post at a 3+. I checked the deck to see what was happening weather wise and the Thermometer was at about 35 degree’s, much of the snow was gone and the streets outside looked clear but wet. Then about 8:30am there was a brief snow flurry and the thermometer was below freezing (31 degrees +-). My first check of the DOW showed it up slightly, and OIL and GAS were down a little. With the actions that OPEC took yesterday we’ll have to see how far gas futures get over $1.00. I think the DOW will flirt with four eights again today.

POLITICAL

On Cspan and CNBC they were showing the O’bama press conference where he was introducing his proposed financial team (subject to Senate confirmation) and even Kudlow appeared optimistic. I guess because one of the three being introduced was from Goldman Sacks.
Rachel Maddow had the Senator from Michigan on last night, and while he is committed to continuing his investigation of the Vice President, both she and I think someone (Bush-Cheney) should be going to jail.
Cspan also had a writer on talking about his new book, “Andrew Jackson, the American Lion”? When I get the right authors name and book title I will be recommending it for you all. Having a pro-organized labor man in the white house has made my local union election votes even tougher. But in any case I will be voting soon.

SPORTS

The Blazers are scheduled to play Phoenix tonight (weather permitting) but I haven’t seen yet if it was to be televised. They sure did a good job honoring Terry on Tuesday and they are supposed to be retiring the Bobby Gross Jersey tonight. He sure was a joy to watch also.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Based on the weather we are having, I am sure they are all busy doing the Lords work today.

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing, we all need them!
And thanks, again Toto.

Remember; we now have a direct link to Amazon.com, and if you shop there from this link we get a commission. It’s only a few cents per purchase, unless of course, they start selling cars or houses or such, and it doesn’t add to the cost. Remember, I’m on a fixed income now and I need all the help I can get, Thanks.

I actually made a purchase fom the Amazon link. It was relatively easy, and our commision was just over a dollar. We don't get much return, so we need volume! ;-)

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: