Thursday, December 4, 2008

Road trip success, or not so much.

PERSONAL

I awoke today at 7:30am to a 3, took my am pills, had 1 session in my chair, checked s-span and the DOW and I’m back here to post at a 3+. My road trip yesterday went well, all but the gambling.
I did meet a retired firefighter from Portland that actually read the logo on my retiree hat. We had a short chat and discovered we had a mutual friend from the department.
I now have a link here to our website at smiling partners, and there you can get to many other “great sites”, including Chef Judi’s. It will be a short post today also, as I have more running to do and I’m sure brother Marty will need to get to a TV to cheer on his beloved Raiders.

POLITICAL

My first glance at the DOW showed it was down 60+ points but the talking heads were still blaming the UAW for all the problems in the US auto industry. After all, they are 20% of a new US car costs but they are 100% of the blame for the precarious situation the industry is in right now. (That is the new Wall Street math)

SPORTS

I haven’t checked my FFB team yet, to see if I’m favored or not. At least the goats should be safe today.

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

If there is any change left I would suggest getting it to “Employee Free Choice Act” people. I have observed in my travels. There seems to be less “Oak Harbor” Trucks on the road!

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I think Barack is supposed to announce Richardson as his Commerce Secretary today. For me personally, it is more incentive to try to make the 2009 BT Legislative conference.

Nephew Mike is doing so good in school I’d also consider taking him so he could see an Orioles game at Camden yards, after all he is the one with the signed Cal Ripken jersey. (hint, hint.)

After I received an email yesterday from President Clinton, asking me to congratulate Hillary on her appointment as Secretary of State, I thought it only right to do it again.

Here goes : CONGRATULATIONS, HILLARY !

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: