Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just over 72 Hours !

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at about 7:15am to a 2+ after a good 7+ hours of sleep. After taking my am pills, noticing the below freezing temperatures on the back deck and 6 sessions in my chair I am back here at my workstation at very close to a 3. I know I should be feeling worse because I was up after 10pm for 2 days in a row, but when we left the Union meeting last night I was at a 4+. That was due, in large part to a couple of sessions in brother Mikes massage chair at the hall, the 4 Tylenol he gave me, and seeing so many Sisters and Brothers I have not seen for a long time. Brother Marty gave me a lift to the meeting, he had to be there early for his final Executive Board meeting. I did notice, that after 6 years on the e-board together, how much Bob P. and he looked alike. Marty was also complimentary to Bob for losing some weight to get closer to what he and Bob ware packing. I'll just leave this thought with the belief thay share the same nicknam. ;-0 Following Marty's board meeting, and before the regular meeting we did have enough time to stick brother Mike for dinner. :-) The meeting was a very good one, and I got a lot of good information. I also got to say hello to an old former friend, the international rep that was there to swear in the new slate of officers. I say FORMER BECAUSE HE ACCUSED ME OF BEING MY BROTHERS FATHER ! His speech was very good, but I will keep this memory out of the holes in my brain because of his accusation, not because of his speech.

POLITICAL

Based on something I heard last night, my pillar of the party membership is in definite jeopardy. I believe that President-elect O’Bama’s Economic recovery plan will go a long way to getting Americans back to work. There are a couple of shovel ready projects, without the need for government “bail-out” dollars right here in river city. I know there are a lot of good Democrats out there that read my blog. As Rachel Maddow would say; I need one of you to “talk me down”.

SPORTS

Are the Blazers getting noticed “by any one else but me”?

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Mary Beth Maxwell……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org/

Maybe I can get some help from these people for an already, shovel ready, non-governmental bailout project?

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Also Mike A. is at home doing well and he expects to be back at his workstation on the 26th. I saw where somebody said he is getting his sense of humor back too. Back, I never new he had one!

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing, we all need them! They ARE working!

And Mike, today I am over 500, I’m posting at a 3, and heading to lunch with brother Marty and cousin Bill.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: