Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lily Ledbetter deserves a deaf frog !

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at 6:15am after 9+ hours of sleep to a 2+. After taking my am pills and noticing the temperature was below freezing again this morning I settled into my chair. After 4 massage sessions and my review of C-span, CNN, CNBC and the local news searching for fodder for my reports. The DOW is down and Oil and Gas is up.

POLITICAL

On C-span most of the talk was how the republicans stuck together yesterday and voted as a block (100%) in the house against the “Stimulus” package. Many voted against it because it did not make permanent the BUSH tax cuts for Wall Street. Many voted against it because it did not make the American Owned Auto Workers in Michigan lower their wages to the same level as those Foreign owned auto workers in the deep south. You know, those Right to Work for less states. Were those 12, turncoats, democrats that voted with the republicans, really blue dog democrats, or anti union Right to Work for less supporters.

I also was fortunate enough to catch the President signing the new anti discrimination “Lily Ledbetter” law. I thought I saw Congressman DeLauro shedding a few tears. Lets see, I wonder, if it would be considered systemic discrimination for an Auto Company to pay less to their worker in Georgia for that same work performed in Michigan? Who is actually the discriminator, the state that allows and encourages this practice, or the firm that is doing it?

I also saw a little of the fireworks between Senator Hatch and Senator Boxer on the SCHIP bill. It appears that the new republican anti abortion tact is to codify conception is when a child can assert their constitutional rights, their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Why is it that these mostly Older Males feel the need to protect children in someone else’s womb, but not so much after they are born, like supporting K through 12 education?

I also feel bad that I did not make it to Speaker Hunt’s gathering last night. Judi did offer to take me, and I did have something to ask him, but I was out of energy at 6pm. My 2 questions would have been; Are Oregon Democrats against clean fuel like Liquefied Natural Gas, or just anti union, as that Privately financed and Union Built (putting about 1,000 union construction workers to work) LNG plant may also employ as many union workers as that Boardman Coal Plant does that they are trying to shut down.

SPORTS

It’s Super bowl weekend and I am rooting for the favorite, the Steelers. Any goat deaths this weekend cannot be blamed on me. The way I read it is; the Red State, Arizona, (McCain) versus the Blue State, Ohio (My FFB QB big Ben R.)

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Mary Beth Maxwell……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org/

Aren’t those advertisements by this group well done? I am not sure how many, if any, of their group was at that signing today, but they deserved to be.

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing, we all need them! They ARE working!

And Mike, today I am just over 600, but I am posting at a 3+.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: