Saturday, January 3, 2009

American Rights at Work.

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at about 7:15am to a 3 after a good 10hrs of sleep. I took my am pills, minus my ½ Blood pressure pill for the second day. I did notice the back deck thermometer was at about 31 degree’s and we now had snow on the grass. The roads looked clear, but the roofs and yards had a little snow. I am in here to post at 3+ and the back deck thermometer is now just above freezing. NWCN is showing Portland above 40 degree’s and Vancouver almost 50. That should bode well for Judi’s (non Birthday) Party and Stephanie’s visit. As much as Judi doesn’t like to do it, she did make it to our local keno purveyor, and my ticket with 4 5’s proved me to be a winner, not just above average. My new ticket has game 777 on it, what do you think?

POLITICAL

While watching the C-span call in show yesterday I was introduced to Mary Beth Maxwell, answering questions about the “Employee Free Choice Act”. She is the national director of the “American Rights at Work” coalition. She was awesome, even when the ditto heads called, Mary B., take note. I want to make that organization my first donation in 2009.

On January 1st I asked the question, "CNN reported today on the “controversy” about Bush 43 not giving up the Blair House for O’bama and making him and his family instead use the Haunted Hotel as a residence before the inauguration. I’m not sure how many times that has happened in the past, but I do know the last time it happened was when Bill Clinton was waiting for his inauguration. Lets see, that was after George the 1st, lost. Who owns Blair house? How much are Hotel rooms going for, to be at the Inauguration? Do we have another, “Lincoln Bedroom” controversy brewing"?

After my search on google, I found out that the US Government purchased it during WWII. Bush 43 and his crony’s have been stealing from the federal government since he came to DC, no reason to think he was going to stop now.

Ron and Jeff, if your still reading. Seat that Burris guy.

SPORTS

It was a rough night for the Blazers last night. It appears that New Orleans can claim the “cheap shot” trophy. They must be so proud!

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Do you suppose there are any “community organizers” staying at the Blair house before the inauguration?

Mary Beth Maxwell is one of my new favorite “Community Organizers”, and American Rights at Work has become one of my top 5 Community Organizations.

OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

Short blog today as I have a “non BD” party to prepare for.

Remember, Homeland Security is watching, and also an English professor. And soon, maybe, another Media Mogul, I sure hope Rachel does not get po’d. I sure hope my newest “media mogul” reader follows up on my suggestion for his next “investigative report”?
Media Mogul Paul, there is a guy named George Butler that may be taking our story idea and running with it in Vermont.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Hanukah service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing, we all need them! They ARE working!

And thanks again Toto, And Mike, it is almost 600 today.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: