Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama gets me to 3+ !

PERSONAL

I awoke this morning at about 5:45am to a 3+ after a very good 7+ hours of sleep. I felt as good this morning as I have in weeks. I took my am pills and noticed it was below freezing again this morning and then I went to my chair for 4 massage sessions. I turned on the TV to check out C-span, CNN, and CNBC.
I watched and taped the Inauguration yesterday, and I was astounded by the coverage. I did also see that the Senate acted on most of the O’bama nominee’s, but not all of them. That Good Ole Boy, southern senator wanted and got 3 more hours to grill/question Clinton. I am sure, as Secretary of State, those world leaders she must negotiate with, will be less concerned with Bill’s Foundation, and more concerned with real world problems.

POLITICAL

L.B.J. has been credited to giving the South to the Republicans for the last 40 years because of his support for the Voting Rights Act, among other things. Based on what I saw and heard yesterday I think the Republicans may have even lost the support of that White, Religious Right base in the South. I really believe they have lost it (“the south”) because they believed their base had nowhere else to go. I also think that is something good Democrats should also be concerned with.

SPORTS

I must watch the Blazers tonight. That Center match-up should be fun to watch. Did I hear that today is Greg Odens twenty-first birthday?

COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS

Mary Beth Maxwell……….http://www.americanrightsatwork.org/

I realize my recognition, as a Pillar of the Party by the DPO was based on the fact that I sent them a small amount every month. I liked being a Pillar, and I knew that this regular “donation” was a good thing for both of us. Watching that Hippocratic stand that a number of Salem Democrats have taken, while it has ended my participation as a Pillar of the Party, it has not caused me to change my registration, yet! I wonder how close that “Labor Party” is to being viable? Come on someone, talk me down!


OTHER STUFF & OBSERVATIONS

I hope everyone can share the American Rights at work website so my small donation can be utilized to it’s fullest extent.

Whether you attend a church service, a Mosque, G & L gathering, or Synagogue service, please say a prayer that God; yours, mine or ours; keeps our service men and women in the Palm of their hand.

Keep those prayers and good thoughts flowing, we all need them! They ARE working!

And Mike, today I am just under 500, but I am posting at a 3+.

Well, I’ll see you next time on my blog…………..

No comments: